Monday, July 23, 2018

Inside the Pages - A Poem

Inside the Pages
By: Jasmine Perez


     I have scanned nearly every possible
shelf in each bookstore and library
and have never experienced a book
that has warned me about the tragic dark stages
of life;
a book that also reminds
me of all the light in myself.
  But I don’t blame the authors
for the misleading lies about life.
I blame life for being so
unpredictable
that one cannot shove the meanings
of life
into words stuffed into a book
and placed onto dusty bookshelves.


  A book written about life
and it’s aspects would never perish;
the pages would never dissolve into the floorboards
of an empty forgotten attic,
waiting to be remembered.


 Life, as a really good book

never fades.

2 comments:

  1. Sio true, Jasmine. Thank you for sharing this.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love life, books and this poem. Well done!

    ReplyDelete